Yasumi (Japanese for 'Holiday'「休み」) is the easy PHP library that helps you retrieve the dates and names of holidays and other special celebrations from various countries/states. It is calculation and rule driven avoiding the need of a comprehensive database.
Many services exist that can provide holiday information, however are either not entirely free or only offer limited information. In addition, no exhaustive PHP library exists today covering a wide range of holidays and countries. PEAR's Date_Holidays library was a similar attempt, however it hasn't been updated for a long time.
The goal of Yasumi is to be powerful while remaining lightweight, by utilizing PHP native classes wherever possible. Yasumi's calculation is provider-based (i.e. by country/state), making it easy to add new holiday providers that calculate holidays.
- Straightforward API
- Supports PHP versions 7.3, 7.4 and 8.0
- Use of Providers to easily extend and expand new Holidays
- Common Holiday Providers
- Accounts for the date/time when holidays have been officially established and/or abolished
- Filters enabling to easily select certain holiday types (Official, Observed, Bank, Seasonal or Other)
- Global Translations
- Timezone aware
- Implements ArrayIterator to easily process a provider's holidays
- Fully documented
- Fully unit tested
- Composer ready, PSR-2 and PSR-4 compliant
Credits and License
Yasumi is created and maintained by Sacha Telgenhof, with the support of many wonderful contributors. Yasumi is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT License (MIT). The documentation website content is licensed CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.
Last updated 05/09/2021